What's new

My humble contribution to the coinstar forum from George VI

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,452
Reaction score
10,340
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A single coin left in the creamer area at a StarBucks before the pandemic, not technically a coinstar...
1951 George VI

Thanks for viewing :)
 

Attachments

  • 2020-04-13 22.36.12.webp
    2020-04-13 22.36.12.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 2020-04-13 22.37.40.webp
    2020-04-13 22.37.40.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 77
Cool find! I found a 1940s KGVI in my sisters change a few days ago.
 
I like the look of the KG VI coins...nice profile...would enjoy seeing your 1940's find if possible.
 
Last edited:
Hey thanks! My profile pic is an 1834 KWIV I found last fall. It was my first big copper but I have dug five so far in 2020!

Here is my find from Sunday next to a wheat penny (I found two wheaties but one disappeared lol).
IMG_2441.webpIMG_2442.webp
 
Thank you for sharing that...I'm a novice on coins...what is a KWIV?
 
Thank you for sharing that...I'm a novice on coins...what is a KWIV?

King William the Fourth, usually we abbreviate the rulers names on coins from Britain and British dominions. Also, I see you joined earlier this month so welcome to the forum!
 
Very cool find...that must have been a nice rush...
 
KWIV. Reigned about 7 years I see, died 1837......nice find!
 
Very cool find...that must have been a nice rush...

Heck yeah! It was not super long after I got my new ACE 300, I was digging at a 1910 house but I new there was another house somewhere near that showed up on a map from the 1850s. my first (good) target was a skeleton key, then a crotal bell, then this. Surprisingly it was only an inch or so down... by the red color I saw when it popped out I thought maybe it was an Ike.
 
Thank you Noah D
I have pretty much been living on the forum since self isolating...but that will probably drop off once I go back to work...
 
Thank you Noah D
I have pretty much been living on the forum since self isolating...but that will probably drop off once I go back to work...

I think we all have... except when actually metal detecting (or bottle hunting, creek walking, or whatever floats your boat). I joined in 2017, maybe commented once or twice but didn't start posting much until the beginning of 2019... I tried to create an account but it said there was already an account with the email. I've been on regularly since then.
 
And you have found a total of 5...how cool is that! What kind of condition were they in?
 
And you have found a total of 5...how cool is that! What kind of condition were they in?

That's the thing... Cornfields don't like coppers I guess, there is enough detail to ID them but not to get a date. At the beginning of the year I said I wanted 'a' big copper this year :laughing7:
 
After those finds I imagine you've pounded those spots relentlessly.
 
Yeah... I've gridded this one small part of a field for at least ten hours total, pickins are slim but I can't wait til it gets plowed.
 
Or after a good rain...I've heard that makes a difference...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom