My last gold I cut in half + 2009 gold finds (80) pix of silver added

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I haven't been able to post for a few months. My wife and I have been in Spain since the first of the year. I didn't get to hunt much in Jan. and Feb, but hunted alot in Mar.-Apr- and May. I have about 80 pieces for the year sofar and will resume hunting in Aug. The last piece I dug, I cut in half. You can see from the pix that I mangled it pretty bad. I would have posted my find while we were over there but I never did figure out how to down size my pix so they would fit . I also had over 100 pieces of silver and I will try and get a pix and add to this post. We are still un-packing and I haven't located all my "stuff" I have been keeping up on most of the posts and it looks like it has been a banner spring for quite a lot of the hunters. I hope you will enjoy the pix of my gold and will be posting some dirt find soon. Here are the pix of over 100 of the pieces of silver I found this spring.

Les

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,450
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,442
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,438
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,436
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 861
Upvote 0
Re: My last gold I cut in half + 2009 gold finds (80)

Nice haul. Are the rules of the top-less beaches being relaxed that much? I always heard that in order to be on those kind of beaches that anyone wishing to be there, had to be topless also, how could you do that wearing a treasure apron, or did you wear the bling as you found it? :laughing9:.......NGE

shaun7 said:
thats a lot of gold :o

Les, my parents live in spain and i'm going out there in a couple of weeks!

what are the laws about detecting out there? i was told it was a no no!

is it restricted to beaches only :icon_scratch:

Hi Shaun:

Hunting in Spain on land is not allowed> Some of the locals may do it but I wouldn't want to take the chance of getting my detector taken and being tossed in jail. Hunting in the water is permitted in most areas and beach hunting is done when the beach is empty but I wouldn't want to hunt when there are people around.

Les

diggerfororo said:
shaun7 said:
thats a lot of gold :o

Les, my parents live in spain and i'm going out there in a couple of weeks!

what are the laws about detecting out there? i was told it was a no no!

is it restricted to beaches only :icon_scratch:

Hi Shaun:

Hunting in Spain on land is not allowed> Some of the locals may do it but I wouldn't want to take the chance of getting my detector taken and being tossed in jail. Hunting in the water is permitted in most areas and beach hunting is done when the beach is empty but I wouldn't want to hunt when there are people around.

Les

ok, thanks Les :'( :'(

NICE

Man oohh man, you pull in gold like I pull in pop tops and screw caps ;D

W T G!!!

Thanks for the nice comments, folks and I added the pix of the silver like I said I would. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did scooping them. Thanks again.

Les

Wow, looking at those pictures really gives one inspiration (I'm sure the topless ones too ;D)

Incredible finds.

Thanks for sharing with us the pictures.

Holy cow Les.

That's an amazing bunch of shiny stuff my friend.

Hopefully we can hunt some St. Louis parks before long. :wink:

Man water huting in Spain whata dream! when i was in Marsllie no one was hunting, wonder whats under the water there

silverfreak said:
Holy cow Les.

That's an amazing bunch of shiny stuff my friend.

Hopefully we can hunt some St. Louis parks before long. :wink:

Thanks for the nice comment. "and" I am free most weekends and some during the week so if you get the itch just e-mail me.

Les

CONSTANTINVS said:
What you call it Spain is made up of 42 different autonomies with different cultures and different regulations.
Detecting metal is completely forbidden in the of (Andalusia), but not in Catalan or in the rest of Spain, where if we can detect but two miles of any archaeological site cataloged.
1) no can be detected in all the beaches of Andalusia in the least.
2) can be detected in all fields, except those of Andalusia, if you're miles from two archaeological sites cataloged.
3) draw the country Not allowed that has 1914 objets. (Need proof of purchase of antiques)
4) Do not understand how much gold they have found (this year I only found three pieces of gold) and the Spanish beaches is not gold, but rather silver.
Greetings!
for any information e-mail: :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the comments and the info on hunting on land. I have a house in Rojales (about 40k south of Alacanti) My wife and I will be headed back to Spain on the 18th of Aug. I will send you my phone number in Spain and you can call if you want to go hunting.

Les

[email protected]

TEXAN Connection said:
Man water huting in Spain whata dream! when i was in Marsllie no one was hunting, wonder whats under the water there

Hi Tex-

Thanks for the comments. Water hunting in Spain is really fun but the gold is thinning out. I have been hunting there for 15 years and have seen a lot of changes. The bad storm that hit the mid-coastal beaches 4 years ago covered up a lot of good hunting area and has yet to recover. I have done some hunting along the coast of France but didn't have near the luck as in Spain.

Les

Id love to hear if you go there and what you find, we went on a monday at 7 am after a 3 day weekend and there were no holes on the beach and no signs of hunters at all, all I got to do was dry sand hunt as i dident have a water machine. (loved digging 2 euro coins, It beats American clad) We asked the hotel clerk to check on hunting the Beach with the PD and they said it as OK. I only got a couple hrs hunt in B-4 moving on with the road trip.
Since you have to go miles between Beaches They must be super congested during the weekend, and your finds certainly reflect that

The mediteranian was Breathtaking, and The topless scenery was pretty cool, but the only thing I saw diffrent was they were tanner. LOL

I live far from Rojales thanks anyway! :icon_thumleft:

CONSTANTINVS said:
I live far from Rojales thanks anyway! :icon_thumleft:

I will be back in Spain on the 18th of Aug and I will send you an e-mail Maybe we can work out a hunt.

Les

diggerfororo said:
rodgerdodger said:
Now that's a lot of gold and you found them at the beach.
Was it a topless beach? I'm looking forward to the silver pictures.

Of course it was a top-less beach. Thanks for asking.

Les

We're still waiting for the top-less, cough, I mean silver pics. :D
Randy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back