My latest project

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I bought this a couple weeks ago at a very soggy, cold, and poorly advertised yard sale. It was up against his house and had been left outside for months. The bottom had warped, all the varnish was bubbled and peeling, the door was in pieces. As I was looking at it, the dude walks up to e and says "5 bucks, you can take it home." After much cleaning, sanding, staining, gluing,and polishing, that old wood looks great, the original skeleton key/lock works flawlessly, and my dishes have a new home.

cabinet.jpg

Take care all,
Kevo

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save, I love quarter-sawn oak. Great display cabinet!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! nice save.

OP
OP
Kevo_DFX

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Thanks for the nice comments all.

dogteam - I don't know my woods. You at least have educated me on one of them. Thank you! I was wondering what caused the odd patterns in the wood that I rather liked. After reading up on quarter-sawn oak, I now know.

Butter Hat - It's all Fiesta except for the white bits in the middle. Most of it is p-86 but there are a few vintage pieces in there. Almost all yardsale purchases as well.

Take care all.
Kevo

OP
OP
Kevo_DFX

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
They are just some wedding ring China. I forget the maker. I like them for pasta. The white makes the sauce pop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread