Africa
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Depending where I am going to hunt and for how long, I then select items from my outfit to suit the hunt, have a look at the pic's and you will see my two machines and a few items that I take along.
Brief list of items.
Minelab Sovereigh GT 2 years old.
Earphones to go with this machine.
X-Terra VFLEX Brand new machine arrived today from Minelab in Cape Town.
Special 100 ohm earphones to0 go with this machine as well.
Garmin 76 C GPS I sometimes like to mark the spot when I find certain items, then take a Google Earth Map of the same area and download the info onto it, so that it will give me an idea of what was found where and what the people were doing in each area.
Two knives, one is used to kill turkeys that come running out from under bushes (read about this somewhere on this web site the other day) and the other is for self defence, or if a sharp blade is required.
Then I have my beautiful modified green spade that I did myself, this spade works very well, in hard ground it is a killer, at least with the added sections you can at least use your foot.
Then I have a small spade for more finer digging when I find an item that requires slow work to remove it from the ground.
Then a small magnifying glass just in case I want to look at a small inscription or writing on an item while out hunting. Can also make a fire for it for a braai.
Got a few extra re-chargable batteries for the Sovereign GT as well as a spare battery pack that takes loose batteries.
I do sometimes carry a small havasack on my back to keep my cool drink and spare items inside if I am away from the vehicle for a while.
Thus please post your outfit here as well and what you use and ask questions if required.
Brief list of items.
Minelab Sovereigh GT 2 years old.
Earphones to go with this machine.
X-Terra VFLEX Brand new machine arrived today from Minelab in Cape Town.
Special 100 ohm earphones to0 go with this machine as well.
Garmin 76 C GPS I sometimes like to mark the spot when I find certain items, then take a Google Earth Map of the same area and download the info onto it, so that it will give me an idea of what was found where and what the people were doing in each area.
Two knives, one is used to kill turkeys that come running out from under bushes (read about this somewhere on this web site the other day) and the other is for self defence, or if a sharp blade is required.
Then I have my beautiful modified green spade that I did myself, this spade works very well, in hard ground it is a killer, at least with the added sections you can at least use your foot.
Then I have a small spade for more finer digging when I find an item that requires slow work to remove it from the ground.
Then a small magnifying glass just in case I want to look at a small inscription or writing on an item while out hunting. Can also make a fire for it for a braai.
Got a few extra re-chargable batteries for the Sovereign GT as well as a spare battery pack that takes loose batteries.
I do sometimes carry a small havasack on my back to keep my cool drink and spare items inside if I am away from the vehicle for a while.
Thus please post your outfit here as well and what you use and ask questions if required.







