What's new

My Oldest Coins to Date!!!

Searchdeep

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
53
Reaction score
102
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orange Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great morning detecting today. We went to an old colonial site that
I have been researching quite a bit and it finally paid off. I got 2 of my oldest coins yet, a 1778 half penny and a 1741 2 reale silver cob!!! These coins were found within 100 yard from one another! Also found one of the largest button I have ever seen, it is about the size of a 50 cent piece. Also found 2 flat button that say Treble Gilt Colour on the back. Also found a bronze measuring weight with a 2 in the bottom. We found some other items that I'm not quite sure what they are but have posted pictures. Anyhow, we had a great day and great weather. Thanks for looking! Happy Hunting!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010237.220850.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010255.501445.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010272.487655.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010297.722135.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010310.206076.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010330.672301.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010344.189783.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010358.209020.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010370.574442.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010383.993420.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010403.045040.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010483.014203.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430010496.102566.webp
 
Upvote 24
Those are FANTASTIC finds. The 1778 looks like Machins Mills. Way to go!
 
Wow, that's a great site. Congrats on the old coins and great flat buttons!
 
Very nice colonial site you got going!

The nesting scale cup is a nice find!

Your '1778' must be a counterfeit, there weren't any regal ones produced for that year, and the cob is probably a hundred years older, by then Spanish silver was milled in 1741

Edit South American ones were...nice one!
 
Last edited:
Great hunt congrats on the Cob, the great looking copper, and the bullion cup weight.
 
Interesting to find a cob and a Machin's Mills piece in the same are. Great finds.
 
Great hunt congrats on the Cob, the great looking copper, and the bullion cup weight.
Thanks! I can't wait to get back out there to see what else I can un-earth...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom