What's new

My Oldest Silver Coin found in Oregon

winslow

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
448
Reaction score
1,644
Golden Thread
2
Location
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
I went over a place I pounded last year but with a bigger (Nel Attack) coil that picked up some deeper targets. Last year I found one coin ... a 1859 seated half. This time within the space of 5 minutes towards the end of my hunt I found an 1854 seated quarter and a British Shilling from 1826. That's the oldest silver coin I've found in Oregon. Previous record was a 1849 seated dime.

I've included pictures of some of the other miscellaneous stuff dug.
 

Attachments

  • caprice misc 12-3-15.webp
    caprice misc 12-3-15.webp
    204.7 KB · Views: 261
  • caprice seated and shilling alt.webp
    caprice seated and shilling alt.webp
    163 KB · Views: 238
  • caprice 1854 seated ground.webp
    caprice 1854 seated ground.webp
    190.8 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 74
nice score on the oldie!
 
Now that's some sweet old silver and in your area even better.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice Left Coast finds!! Congratz!

My terrain is VERY mineralized. Auto ground balance on my AT is usually between 88 and 92. Under these conditions is it possible a NELS would offer any benefit?

Grease
 
Nice going on the two great looking silvers and breaking your oldie record.:occasion14:
 
Congrats on your oldies. :thumbsup: Keep digging!

HH
 
Very nice recoveries. Didn't realize there was a lot of activity in Oregon that early
 
Very cool coins, I have found quite a few seated, but none that old!
 
I went over a place I pounded last year but with a bigger (Nel Attack) coil that picked up some deeper targets. Last year I found one coin ... a 1859 seated half. This time within the space of 5 minutes towards the end of my hunt I found an 1854 seated quarter and a British Shilling from 1826. That's the oldest silver coin I've found in Oregon. Previous record was a 1849 seated dime.

I've included pictures of some of the other miscellaneous stuff dug.

Probably got there with one of the families that came on the immigrant trail!
 
Great looking scores!!!! Congrats!!!!:occasion14:
 
That's awesome!! Just got my NEL Attack coil for my AT Pro as well. First 2 hours out i hit a seated dime at 9" in a place that's been pounded. How deep did you get the half and the quarter?
 
Beautiful coins! Congrats
 
Congrats, just shows no area is ever really hunted out...
 
Congrats on pulling your oldest coin. Those are some great finds for the west coast.
 
Beautiful finds.
Still looking for Seated quarter, as well as a Seated Half.
There is only one spot here is the city that constantly produces Seated coins but it is hammered every week.
 
Nice find, especially out West. It's much harder out there to snag such a find. I'm still hunting for my first older British Silver.
 
Congrats on the silver so far out west. I've pulled a couple of Seated dimes from the 1840s but no British silver yet here in the east.

aj
 
Very nice on the silver double. Congrats on your oldest so far.
 
Awesome Coins! Congratz!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom