My oldest US silver and I found it just in time!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys I went back to the church where they broke ground and I knew the cement guys would be coming soon so I got out there at 6am and started swinging. I thought I covered everything and I tried the low and slow which is hard for me. Well I hit another Half Dime!! 1840 my oldest US silver and my 3rd half dime this year. When the guys pulled up at 8am I told them what I do and they loved it and surprisingly new a lot of the history of our town, so I handed them my card and they said any old ground they’re moving dirt they’ll give me a call. Good group of guys. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_2825.jpg IMG_2826.jpg IMG_2827.jpg IMG_2828.jpg
I wish I’d had more time but I’m blessed to have what I have [emoji1317]

Upvote 58
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That contact might be a bright future ahead...

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job bro you’re wife must be a saint seems like you are out MDING every day

Doug from NS

Apr 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Currently Fisher F75LTD SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great coin and a great contact you made. Next time you meet up with them bring some beer and you'll have friends for life.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great coin and a great contact you made. Next time you meet up with them bring some beer and you'll have friends for life.

Oh yeah these guys already said to keep on detecting because they where gonna go take a ride first to smoke a joint. I toll them I’ll take care of them weed, beer, cash whatever. Really nice guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job bro you’re wife must be a saint seems like you are out MDING every day

Brotha you have no idea she’s the one who said,”You should wake up extra early before work and go back out there because where there’s one there’s two.”

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done dealing with the workers, and Congrats on a great find!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a close one. It would have been a long time before that little guy had another chance at escape! Congratulations on your oldest US silver, it's a beauty.

Steve

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another half dime with an early date too! :occasion14: You have the strike while the iron is hot! Heck, you have to swing while the silver is reachable! Very smart on your part to leave some contact information. Making the most of an opportunity is what some call being lucky, although I don't deny the factor of plain old luck. Great coin. Two half dimes in two trips - Awesome! My rate of recovery is more like two half dimes in two years or two decades.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another half dime with an early date too! :occasion14: You have the strike while the iron is hot! Heck, you have to swing while the silver is reachable! Very smart on your part to leave some contact information. Making the most of an opportunity is what some call being lucky, although I don't deny the factor of plain old luck. Great coin. Two half dimes in two trips - Awesome! My rate of recovery is more like two half dimes in two years or two decades.

I don’t know what going on but I’m way behind the quantity from last year but the quality is blowing my mind. I have been getting lucky, but you know what they say it seems the harder I work the luckier I get [emoji256]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and congrats on your oldest silver Truth. You jumped all over that opportunity, and may have yourself some new friends and contacts for yourself. I do the same thing, pass those cards out everywhere. Eventually, someone will call with a place for you to hunt.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the half dime Dean. When I first started reading I thought to myself, wait a minute I thought he posted some older silver a few months back. Than you posted them restoring a little faith in my memory. Like your cards too, very professional looking.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread