What's new

my ole whites xlt

kadookid

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just interested in how my old whites xlt compare's to all the new machines out there. thanks
 
Lot of guys put my XLT down - but I still go on big hunts to relic areas and find stuff the others miss - most with F75s, T2s and other relic machines
my last land hunt of 2014 was at an old farm field that has been hit by a lot of guys with high end machines - I found a pewter rev war navy button - rare
they all missed it - XLT got it
 
As far as i can see it will keep up with any of the new models out there .. So keep it don't through your money away on another model … For a new model will not find any more than your XLT...
 
I've been detecting for 35 years. I have an XLT hanging up in my garage. Used it for many years. Found some decent coins with it too. Just under 2 years ago I bought a CTX 3030. In the first 33 years of metal detecting I found 6 large cents. In the last 2 with the CTX I found 45. In my first 33 years of metal detecting I found 1 Spanish silver coin, a half real. In the last 2 years I found 5 half reals, 2 2 reals and a 1 real. In the first 33 years of detecting I found 2 seated coins. In the last 2 I found 8. I have also found 15 colonials in the last 2 years compared to 2 over the previous 33.

The CTX was a huge investment for me, but worth every penny. I pull silver out of holes that are surrounded by iron nails. I hunt places that have been pounded for decades and pull great coins. I feel I can go just about anywhere that has already been hunted and pull coins including silver. Yes, the XLT is a decent machine, but doesn't have the depth or discrimination that the CTX has. Just look at my signature to see SOME of what I found in 2014 or look at some of my posts. Love that CTX.
 
I'm with Don on this one... and since that XLT is no good, you can just give it to me... I won't even charge you for the "electronics disposal fee" :laughing7:

I have no experience with the XLT or the higher end machines, but I can tell you I am hoping to upgrade to an XLT at some point in the near future.
 
Rule #1 your coil must go over the the desired object.
I have the MXT and a buddy of mine has the V3I. These two machines have a big price difference. When we hunt together 8/10 times I will take home the goods over him, why? He has only had his machine for only about a year now, thats only one reason.
Rule # 2 a good Metal detector machine dose not get fooled only the operator gets fooled.
If your not getting the results you want see Rule # 1 and 2
The XLT is a good Metal Detector.
 
I've found Merc Dimes & V-Nickels in the 9"-range with the stock coil. . . it's a nice machine (and killer on nickels).

I use a MXT still, whites makes great machines !! :thumbsup:
 
I have owned an XLT since 2002. It is a great detector and keeps up with most detectors and has been trouble free for me. Last fall, I purchased a VX3 but will never part with my XLT.
 
Rule #1 your coil must go over the the desired object.
I have the MXT and a buddy of mine has the V3I. These two machines have a big price difference. When we hunt together 8/10 times I will take home the goods over him, why? He has only had his machine for only about a year now, thats only one reason.
Rule # 2 a good Metal detector machine dose not get fooled only the operator gets fooled.
If your not getting the results you want see Rule # 1 and 2
The XLT is a good Metal Detector.

You hit the nail on the head Seebees. If your coil doesn't go over the object, you cant find it. Also, any detector is only as good as the person swinging it. I go out with other guys swinging the same machine as me and I out hunt them consistently. Why? I go a bit slower, listen closely to all the signals and dig a little more trash. This really comes into play in the northeast when you're digging older, deeper coins. I hit one small school yard a couple of months ago that has been pounded by others using the same machine as me. I came up with 35 nickels and 7 pieces of silver in 2 trips there. 35 Nickels is a lot of nickels. How did this happen? Simple, they had their discrimination turned up and passed on signals that weren't perfect. Dig more, find more.
 
Hello,

An experienced operator with any good quality machine will win every time given all else equal. I agree, you must get your coil over the target. Just because a place is "hammered" doesn't mean a coil was over the target. I hunt low (scrape the ground) and slow that is why I get lots of good targets. I see so many people swing their detectors "high and fast" and wonder about their low find ratio. I also talk to people who got permission to hunt a large (say 20 acres) field and said they did it in 5 hours. How can this be? I went to an old park and located three old trees and spent 5+ hours searching their radius (20 - 25 feet); found 4 silvers and two pieces of jewelry from this "hammered" area. In my opinion, it's the location, operator and machine.

Regards,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom