My Relic Finds of 2014........ yea thats right, relics I say.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this was my first full year of beeping, and while I threw most of my trash away, here are some lovely pics of trash that I saved:laughing7:

Locks and keys
015.JPG

Potty Part
016.JPG

Hose nozzles and such
017.JPG

Awesome old toys
018.JPG

Projectiles
020.JPG

Matchbox cars
019.JPG

knives!
024.JPG

watches, thimbles, and doggy tags
028.JPG

and finally, random relics that I have every intention of keeping for the rest of my life..
025.JPG

Thanks for looking!!!

Also, look forward to my BEST OF post later on!... BWD

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are'nt relics those are treasures LOL. Thanks for sharing.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds buddy. No disrespect intended, but you might not keep those relics after all. The funny thing about this hobby is that what is new and unique at first, sometimes becomes boringly familiar after, say, the 100th dug harmonica reed. Maybe you should keep it all and date mark the bag to see how far you came over the years. I remember being happier than a pig in liquid fecal matter over tot lot change when I started. Now I am barely interested in any coin post 1936. Great 30's toy finds ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds buddy. No disrespect intended, but you might not keep those relics after all. The funny thing about this hobby is that what is new and unique at first, sometimes becomes boringly familiar after, say, the 100th dug harmonica reed. Maybe you should keep it all and date mark the bag to see how far you came over the years. I remember being happier than a pig in liquid fecal matter over tot lot change when I started. Now I am barely interested in any coin post 1936. Great 30's toy finds ! :thumbsup:
That is pretty much what I did... I put all this crap in a small box, and labeled it "2014 Beep Beep", already put away into my storage shed. Someday my grandkids will be proud!:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it was so cool when I dug my first old horseshoe. Then later I found out that's all I have around here. I head East... horseshoes. I head West... horseshoes. Even headed South into woods... more horseshoes!!! I'd probably do backflips if I found an old lock and key like you!!!!

Maybe I need to get off this ridge and MD or go back to exploring my cave. Good stuff Dave... Brad

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello BigWaveDave,

Congratulation on the great relic finds! I enjoy all types of hunting, but relic is my favorite. You never know when you are digging an old homestead or farm field.

Regards,

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
You found some interesting finds, I love the old lead toys. The antique locks are pretty cool too. Good luck in 2015!

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff for your first years' finds! I hope I do as well for my first year coming up...
I like the "toilet parts" LOL :laughing7: J/K, it's all pretty cool!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanna hunt with you sometime Dave
I found a cremation tag on the beach this summer, but i put it back ( so I can't prove it)

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some identical finds. Great finds. Thanks for sharing. Note: the only thing I throw away usually is foil. I scrap everything that isn't considered in the least interesting or purely a relic. Also, be really careful when throwing things away...I almost tossed an insignificant looking blob of something out...thought it was just another small and flattened driblet of lead...a moment later I looked at it again and noticed that it had the faint form of an animal. Turns out it was a gold plated watch fob from around 1914. That made me really examine those ugly encrusted bloblets a little more carefully from then on.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, what about your coins, I swear you found allot of good coins?
My favorite find is the toilet find! I have a few sprinkler finds that I'm using, a couple that look really old that I love.

Nice stuff!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, I got another thread with my best coin finds...I don't know how to attach the post here, so I will find it and bump it for you....give me a minute. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread