What's new

MY results from 4 boxes of pennies.

1996

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Bought four penny boxes Friday afternoon.

Box 1 -- 4 wheats
Box 2 -- 3 wheats
Box 3 -- 12 wheats
Box 4 -- 5 wheats

I also got about 25 S mints. A couple of the S mints and one of the wheats were in really good shape. I think the oldest wheat was a 1920. I also found a clean planchet.

Just wanted to let you guy(s) who pull 60 or so wheaties out of one box how things are in the rest of the world.

Thanks,
later,
1996
 

Attachments

  • LastS.gif
    LastS.gif
    134.8 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
If your S mint marks are from th late 60s or early 70s, throw them back. They are common. VERY common.
 
Not the best results, but hey - you still got some keepers! :thumbsup:
 
seger98 said:
Box 3 was pretty good, hope they are all that good for you! :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks.



I was just wondering, ??? do you guys (gals) all metal detect, or are there people on here that only coin roll hunt? :icon_scratch: Just never thought about it before. I'm wanting to get a new coil for my metal detector, but I don't know if I ought to get a bigger coil or a smaller coil than the one I've got.

thanks,'
later,
1996
 
1996 said:
seger98 said:
Box 3 was pretty good, hope they are all that good for you! :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks.

I was just wondering, ??? do you guys (gals) all metal detect, or are there people on here that only coin roll hunt? :icon_scratch: Just never thought about it before. I'm wanting to get a new coil for my metal detector, but I don't know if I ought to get a bigger coil or a smaller coil than the one I've got.

thanks,'
later,
1996

Not a metal detector. Always wanted too though.

Mojo
 
Narthoniel said:
I MD first and CRH second ;D

Same here!!! During the day (when the snow melts) I will MD, then after sunset I will CRH!!! All of this silver is great, but what I really want is gold!!! :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom