What's new

my second 1970d

packerbacker

Gold Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
2,992
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday. Got 2 1964's and my second 1970D. I'll take it!
 

Attachments

  • 1970d.webp
    1970d.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Not a bad take for one box...those 70's are harder to find than most 40%ers
 
yeah, 1970 D was very low mintage. The mintage figures for the 1964 thru 1969 halves ranges from 65+ million to 295+ million per year. The 1970 D had only 2,150,000 minted. Difficult to find.
 
packerbacker said:
yeah, 1970 D was very low mintage. The mintage figures for the 1964 thru 1969 halves ranges from 65+ million to 295+ million per year. The 1970 D had only 2,150,000 minted. Difficult to find.

Good score on the 70. Took me two years to get one
HH
Rich
 
Congrats! I joined the club last month--but not with a 1970-D; alas, it was a 1970-S--but I will take it. Still waiting to join the "get a hair cut club," or for us ladies (highlights with a trim). :icon_sunny:

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Congrats Packerbacker! Those 70's are hard to find. Now that you have one, you can easily build a set of Kennedys. I have only found two 70-d's in the past two years going through thousands of halves. May the next one come in time.

FL Junkman
 
Nice. I found one in my very first box of this past year, 147 more boxes later.....no more.
 
Great score - still looking for my first!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
AWESOME SCORE!!! im still waiting on my 1st, and yours is in great shape too! keep it up and hh!
 
thanks for the replies all. Like the title says, this is my second 1970 D. My first was in a bank teller's tray along with a Ben! She handed them right over. :icon_thumleft:
 
I tried every bank in town (6) and no halves ??? Do you have to order them or was I just unluckey ???
 
I order halves and I ask the tellers at different banks if they have any in their tills or vaults. A lot of them have none but some will have as many as a few hundred dollars worth. I always worry about getting someone else's dumps when they have a few hundred dollars worth but grandma could have just turned in grandpa's collection so you gotta get them. It's a trap shoot but can be very rewarding. Remember, you're "treasure hunting". ;D
 
Nice score, congrats and happy new year!
 
Grats on the '70. I seem to be a magnet for them here, found 11 of them D's & S's this year. I often wonder if my competition is getting some as well or if I'm getting them all- alot of competition here. Also keep in mind just how many boxes 25-30/ week adds up to. BTW I trade mine for 90%.
HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom