What's new

My Set Up and Acquisitions At Ripley Show

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 5 eight foot tables set up at the Ripley show and was voted 2nd place in the Most Educational Display category. I received 1st place last year so that's two years in a row for this award. My tables start just behind the Mortar and go all the way around in a U shape.

I won the Split The Pot for the tune of $175 so after I gave back $20 to the show I had $155 to spend so I bought a couple nice Axes, 4 really nice Bifurcates for the new Bifurcate tray, and a couple Trilobites and still had some cash left over. Definitely another great show.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-03-05 08.35.40.webp
    2017-03-05 08.35.40.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 2017-03-05 08.50.18.webp
    2017-03-05 08.50.18.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 2017-03-05 08.50.55.webp
    2017-03-05 08.50.55.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 2017-03-05 17.54.21.webp
    2017-03-05 17.54.21.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.07.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.07.webp
    68.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.13.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.13.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.37.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.37.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.47.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.47.webp
    27 KB · Views: 123
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.59.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.59.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2017-03-05 17.56.25.webp
    2017-03-05 17.56.25.webp
    29 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
that is not an easy display to cart around! good of you to do so.
 
that is not an easy display to cart around! good of you to do so.

If you look closely in the first picture you can see a couple of Plastic Totes and some Black Bags under the table. Those black bags hold six of the 12x18 trays and I have 6 of those so there's 30 trays. The totes hold the Stone Tools and a few more trays. Just about all of it except for the long trays and the displays for the Stone Tools packs up and can be carried rather easily. I usually take the same thing to each show, either this that I set up here or my States Collection and it packs up just as easily. I enjoy doing the shows so it's worth it.
 
Great display as always , I almost asked if you would sell a drilled tooth, as I was looking for one , didn't see one for sale at show.
 
Great display as always , I almost asked if you would sell a drilled tooth, as I was looking for one , didn't see one for sale at show.

I saw a couple nice big ones that were decorated with dots, lines, and tally marks but I just didn't feel good about them. I know they both sold and each one was around $100 or more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom