What's new

My Set Up and Acquisitions At Ripley Show

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 5 eight foot tables set up at the Ripley show and was voted 2nd place in the Most Educational Display category. I received 1st place last year so that's two years in a row for this award. My tables start just behind the Mortar and go all the way around in a U shape.

I won the Split The Pot for the tune of $175 so after I gave back $20 to the show I had $155 to spend so I bought a couple nice Axes, 4 really nice Bifurcates for the new Bifurcate tray, and a couple Trilobites and still had some cash left over. Definitely another great show.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-03-05 08.35.40.webp
    2017-03-05 08.35.40.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 2017-03-05 08.50.18.webp
    2017-03-05 08.50.18.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 2017-03-05 08.50.55.webp
    2017-03-05 08.50.55.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 2017-03-05 17.54.21.webp
    2017-03-05 17.54.21.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.07.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.07.webp
    68.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.13.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.13.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.37.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.37.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.47.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.47.webp
    27 KB · Views: 123
  • 2017-03-05 17.55.59.webp
    2017-03-05 17.55.59.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2017-03-05 17.56.25.webp
    2017-03-05 17.56.25.webp
    29 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Are those fossils of trilobites? Where did you find them? They are really interesting! Congrats on your award!
 
Wow! Really cool Grim!Congrats, Here in Alberta, there always seems to be fossils/rock trade shows, but never anything to do with artifacts. My bucket list is overflowing with things to do such as heading south to check out shows like that!
 
Good showing young man! Congrats on the award. :icon_thumleft:
 
congrats.gif
Grim! Wow - you have one heck of a display.
 
Lookin' good there, Grim!
 
Beautiful display my friend! Those trilobites are incredible.
 
We spent all our dough on a few new display cases, prices were great. Those new acquisitions are fabulous!
 
Are those fossils of trilobites? Where did you find them? They are really interesting! Congrats on your award!

The guy I bought these from said he finds them in the road cuts out around West Union. He told me where to look and what signs to look for so I am going to give it a shot. Only about an hour drive to get there. You still have to be able to get them exposed and most guys use a small sand blaster and I don't own one or will I be buying one. lol
 
WOW!!! Amazing collection! Thanks for sharing. And Congrats on the award and $.
 
Awesome Steve, thanks for sharing...we almost went, but the 4 hour drive both ways would've been a bit much...maybe next year.
 
Nice showing of your artifacts. Just the cases empty are pricey just in case nobody knows that. Lots of $ tied up in that display. Wish our shows had a money pot we do raffles though.
 
Wow, just wow!
 
Nice show and display.
 
Holy Cow, thats quite a display area!! You must have been 20% of the show Steve!
 
Way Impressive Reap! Im guessing that show was in Ripley, WV...If I may ask, what kind of show was it? I'm from South Central Ohio and would have loved to attend, I'm only a couple hours away. Congrats on the award and winning the 50/50 drawing...I never win those lol...Great stuff, would have loved to see the entire display...Ddf
 
Way Impressive Reap! Im guessing that show was in Ripley, WV...If I may ask, what kind of show was it? I'm from South Central Ohio and would have loved to attend, I'm only a couple hours away. Congrats on the award and winning the 50/50 drawing...I never win those lol...Great stuff, would have loved to see the entire display...Ddf

Thank you. The show was actually in Ripley Ohio right along the Ohio River half way between Portsmouth Ohio and Cincinnati. It was at the High School. They have a show every year at either the end of February or first of March. You can find the thread on here where I posted pictures from the show. There are over 50 pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom