241.4 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 8
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I found the one Iā€™m holding in a Early Woodland area where I had found Copenas and a Savannah River point. The rest I wasnā€™t sure of the time frame.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I donā€™t have anything like that around here, Iā€™d have probably just walked right past them, nice saves and interesting stuffā€¦ do these and ceramics overlap much or were these bowls quickly abandoned in favor of ceramics?

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice, I found a soap stone fragment (so I was told) early last year at one of my quartz sites just a little north from Columbus. The same day I found my only 2 pottery sherds that had any type of design.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I donā€™t have anything like that around here, Iā€™d have probably just walked right past them, nice saves and interesting stuffā€¦ do these and ceramics overlap much or were these bowls quickly abandoned in favor of ceramics?
Most soapstone is from the late archaic period in my area. Some were used and passed down to families for a long period of time. Where I found the one in hand it was below a cave that had a large overhang that had collapsed. You could just barely see the opening. It was just big enough for the local bear to enjoy. I never went in it but I could imagine it opened up inside to a large opening inside by the size of the rock that sat on top. Probably full of treasures and copperheads lol. Iā€™ve lost permission to that property so I will never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions