My Tejon Test Garden

jhnbaker41

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2010
Booneville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I made up a pseudo test garden to test out the Tejon and I have a question. Since I did not want to dig up my wife's backyard I took silver coins and put them in plastic baggies and laid them on top of the ground. I GB my detector and got an even sound as I moved the searchcoil towards the ground. I then began to try to hear the differences in the different types of coins that I had. I first started with a silver quarter on its side it the bag and got a chirpy sound. I then laid it face down and got a solid tone. I then went to a 1921 Barber and got the same sound. I tried a clad 50 cent piece and then a silver nickel. The thing is that I could tell no differences in the sound even when I hit an Iron target. My question is what is the difference in sound between the different types of metals. Also when relic hunting will there be a drastic difference between a War of Northern Agression bullet (ie... Civil War) :laughing9: and say iron targets. :dontknow: Is this just another one of those learned deals that you have to go through. Also, are silver coins and older objects typically deeper meaning that I have to look for the faint solid sounds when digging the merc dimes etc.. TIA!!

Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
War of Northern Agression bullet (ie... Civil War) laughing9 and say iron targets. dontknow Is this just another one of those learned deals that you have to go through.

Yeah....tis

Practice , practice , practice

bradsguns

Jul 5, 2007
Shell Knob, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Vaquero
I had about 10 hours of real life search time with my Tejon before I had my first "OH...NOW I GET IT" moment. Eventually you will pick up the little nuances of the machine. Not just the variences in sound, but the length of the tone, tone in correlation with swing speed, etc.
Its a great machine, you will figure it out.
Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread