What's new

My turn to find something by the river

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my cousins ginger jar id’d. Now I found my own, don’t know if there’s really much to say about it but it’s worth a shot any info would be cool.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586226842.322040.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586226874.525293.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586226893.495859.webp
 
Ink or Perfume. Super Cool!
 
Upvote 0
Is it clear glass or does it have any color to it.The red background is throwing me if there is any color to it.I think it could be carnival glass not sure though.
 
Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586231323.979784.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586231428.254855.webp
Mostly clear with a tinge of purple, maybe my other pics were misleading or I’m not understanding but it’s just the top of something I would think that is a lot of ink or perfume. With that purple hue I think it’s got a bit of age. It’s hard to capture in pictures
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sugar bowl lid.

anchor-hockings-sugar-bowl-3.webp

This one is 3 5/8 across the top. Circa 1900.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats a awesome find still in one piece
 
Upvote 0
Late Victorian sugar bowl with lid.

sugar bowl.webp
 
Upvote 0
Cool finds!! Just curious, but is there something special about the place you're finding this stuff?
 
Upvote 0
Kind of a fluke. We’ve got a little area between two levied fields that floods a lot. I thought I’d go look for deer sheds since I hadn’t looked around that area in a while. It was in a creek/drainage from the field to the river laying all by its self. As far as I know nothing else around. There are the remnants of a early 1900’s cabin maybe 500 yds away up on the bluff. Not sure if it came from up there or washed in from the river.

Dc you pretty much nailed it, looks like the same top just with a slightly different design on the sides. Thanks to all was more info than I had expected.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586261381.284291.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1586261407.154211.webp
found this crazy neon fungus too. Looked like someone was spray painting vines
 
Upvote 0
Good ID DCM From the first pics it looked like an ornate small bottle
BTW the Purple tint is Sun damage and is not desirable in your piece. But the lid is usually worth more than the bowl!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom