My WS6 has gone kaput, as has the dealer I bought my Deus from.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my XP Deus II package from Detector Electronics Corp, which seems to have gone out of business. My WS6 puck has died without warning. It won't turn on, and it won't charge (doesn't even show the charging icon). Can anybody tell me who I need to contact to get it repaired?

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detector Electronics Corp. and MetalDetector.com are the same company.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The phone service is just out of service at this time the recording states.
Though the recording gives the email information, web site info, and states that your questions will be answered.
1 888 627 5295 to hear the recorded message

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The phone service is just out of service at this time the recording states.
Though the recording gives the email information, web site info, and states that your questions will be answered.
1 888 627 5295 to hear the recorded message
"Detector Electronics Corp." no longer Googles, either. But https://www.metaldetector.com/ does, so thanks, guys.

In this case, XP's fine customer service folks (who have never let me down!) actually was aware of the problem and walked me through the solution. He also said they do not yet know why this is happening.

The solution (and they said it would not void my warranty because they had instructed me to do this) was to 1) remove the two screws holding the puck together. One of the screws is hidden by the part# sticker. 2) Use a pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect the battery plug... that is a small white connector that has red and black wires going to it. 3) Put it back together.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Detector Electronics Corp." no longer Googles, either. But https://www.metaldetector.com/ does, so thanks, guys.

In this case, XP's fine customer service folks (who have never let me down!) actually was aware of the problem and walked me through the solution. He also said they do not yet know why this is happening.

The solution (and they said it would not void my warranty because they had instructed me to do this) was to 1) remove the two screws holding the puck together. One of the screws is hidden by the part# sticker. 2) Use a pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect the battery plug... that is a small white connector that has red and black wires going to it. 3) Put it back together.
That's great they they allowed this fix to go forward. Useful information for others to know just incase the same issue arises.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just posting to say that this problem reared its ugly head again today. Good to know the solution, but it still sucks when your phones go out on you in the field. This is not a fix you would want to attempt in a windy cornfield. Fortunately, I did have my wired phones with me or my trip would have been ruined.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that problem with mine also. One thing i did was get PI$$ED and turned the controller off while trying to call some one. after 2 or 3 minutes my puck shut off. :) I then just restarted it. I also bought a couple of WSA II XL's and that solved the problem :)

Last edited:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be careful using metal tweezers when doing electrical work. One wrong move and you could fry them.

91A5X3uKIQL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

jfreakofkorn

Jul 19, 2012
behind a desk ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats nut s at how simple a fix that is

and theey chargr coin or scratch for that ?

seems like they are up to anything to make the green . . .

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a Business that has to make money to pay the bills. if you have them do the repair, they will be expected to charge you. BUT they were kind enough to pass up a lot of business/money by letting the owner perform the work. :headbang:

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats nut s at how simple a fix that is

and theey chargr coin or scratch for that ?

seems like they are up to anything to make the green . . .
XP came through 100%. They let me wait until my detecting season was done and then let me send them into Moe for a new circuit board. As usual, Moe got the work done very quickly and got them back to me (good thing too, because our Minnesota detecting season has already started up again!)

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are a Business that has to make money to pay the bills. if you have them do the repair, they will be expected to charge you. BUT they were kind enough to pass up a lot of business/money by letting the owner perform the work. :headbang:
Exactly. And see my other reply here that they replaced the circuit board for me, and even let me wait until I was ready to do without them for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread