trudmann85
Jr. Member
Greetings from Ashland Ky,
I had about 5 minutes before the storm hit on Monday and found this ring in the backyard about 3 1/2 inches deep! I need some help identifying exactly what this is. Here are my thoughts so far: Its sure seems like silver although it does seem a bit light. On the front of the ring there is what looks like a sword pointing downward on a shield...which looks to have grapes on it, and a little ribbon on the bottom. Looks like black onyx underneath? It is very worn with absolutely no lettering/numbering or any type of identifying mark on the outside or inside of the ring. I have the following ideas floating around....class ring of some sort, masonic imagery, fraternity ring, family crest. What do you guys think? I would love to hear from you. Thanks guys!.....Tim.
I had about 5 minutes before the storm hit on Monday and found this ring in the backyard about 3 1/2 inches deep! I need some help identifying exactly what this is. Here are my thoughts so far: Its sure seems like silver although it does seem a bit light. On the front of the ring there is what looks like a sword pointing downward on a shield...which looks to have grapes on it, and a little ribbon on the bottom. Looks like black onyx underneath? It is very worn with absolutely no lettering/numbering or any type of identifying mark on the outside or inside of the ring. I have the following ideas floating around....class ring of some sort, masonic imagery, fraternity ring, family crest. What do you guys think? I would love to hear from you. Thanks guys!.....Tim.
With your help I have correctly identified the ring as being a 1960 AIRBORNE RING!!! It belonged to the previous owner of this residence who was a fighter pilot!...now deceased sadly to say though. I am now working to return this ring to a surviving family member. Every one of your tips were extremely helpful and awesomely correct. Thanks guys!!!








