1.2 MB · Views: 41

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice-looking button.

That looks like an Imperial crown, so I don't believe it to be Irish. think you should be looking at continental Europe, and probably Prussian Empire. That style of crown is and was also used pretentiously on blazer buttons from elsewhere. I can't make out what the three 'columns' are in the heart, but if it's a serifed 'III' it could conceivably be for Friedrich Wilhelm III, who ruled Prussia until 1840. However, it's not the usual Cypher used for him. I don't think it's military, but it might be 'official' in some other sense.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
C

Carolinabusguy

Mar 5, 2020
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice-looking button.

That looks like an Imperial crown, so I don't believe it to be Irish. think you should be looking at continental Europe, and probably Prussian Empire. That style of crown is and was also used pretentiously on blazer buttons from elsewhere. I can't make out what the three 'columns' are in the heart, but if it's a serifed 'III' it could conceivably be for Friedrich Wilhelm III, who ruled Prussia until 1840. However, it's not the usual Cypher used for him. I don't think it's military, but it might be 'official' in some other sense.
Wow thank you Red-Coat , even if it is not ,that is some amazing information!

Upvote 1

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
a pic of the back of the button would give us info on its construction
a brass back and shank vs a pressed steel back would shed light on an official issue or whether it's a fashion button and modern

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread