🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery Emblem

JoshW

Oct 1, 2018
Valley Forge, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this on the Brandywine battlefield recently and am not sure what it is. On the front edges, there are little raised hooks with two small holes that look like they can crimp onto something. Only 1 hook remains but you can see it had at least four originally. On the back, the top edges are folded over. Not sure of the metal, but it scratches easily and a magnet does not stick to it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    467.1 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
JoshW

JoshW

Oct 1, 2018
Valley Forge, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the responses. I do have some follow up questions. What about it points to an upper set versus lower set of false teeth? I am thinking about taking it to a jeweler to test to see if it is silver. Is that the best way to determine that, and if so can they do it without causing damage?

This was found on private property with permission. I concur that nobody should be attempting to detect in the state park nor any of the other protected public lands in the area.

Upvote 4

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the responses. I do have some follow up questions. What about it points to an upper set versus lower set of false teeth? I am thinking about taking it to a jeweler to test to see if it is silver. Is that the best way to determine that, and if so can they do it without causing damage?

This was found on private property with permission. I concur that nobody should be attempting to detect in the state park nor any of the other protected public lands in the area.
Thanks for responding back JoshW

Upvote 3
OP
OP
JoshW

JoshW

Oct 1, 2018
Valley Forge, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some research online and see now why it is an upper versus lower set. The closest I found online was the link below, which is a pretty close match.
http://periodvintage.blogspot.com/2012/07/history-of-dentures.html

How do I mark this as solved? The instructions say to edit the original post, but there is no edit option showing for the original.

Upvote 1

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be on the bar above your 1st post. If that doesn't help go to the top of what is it and find the sticky thread. Has a photo tutorial. Go to the tutorial there has been changes I guess with new software.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
JoshW

JoshW

Oct 1, 2018
Valley Forge, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be on the bar above your 1st post. If that doesn't help go to the top of what is it and find the sticky thread. Has a photo tutorial. Go to the tutorial there has been changes I guess with new software.
I am not seeing a bar above the post. I did check the tutorial and it says to edit the original post. In this case, there is no edit option on the original post so I think there is something wrong with the posting. Strangely enough, my other recent post in Today's Finds does have the edit option on the original post.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread