1662165216634.png

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to me to be a relatively modern brass souvenir item of the kind commonly sold to tourists in Mexico. Often the imagery on these souvenirs can be from a mixture of cultures (Axtex/Maya/Inca/Olmec), copied from or inspired by museum items or pictures of them.

The central face here looks like it might be based on the Aztec rain god Tlaloc.

OP
OP
American Treasures

American Treasures

Aug 26, 2022
It looks to me to be a relatively modern brass souvenir item of the kind commonly sold to tourists in Mexico. Often the imagery on these souvenirs can be from a mixture of cultures (Axtex/Maya/Inca/Olmec), copied from or inspired by museum items or pictures of them.

The central face here looks like it might be based on the Aztec rain god Tlaloc.

:violent1:...a souvenir made of pure gold??? It would be for whoever it will be.

OP
OP
American Treasures

American Treasures

Aug 26, 2022
Quem diz que é ouro puro (além de você). Parece latão. Você já testou? Se sim, por quem?

Por que não está marcado, se é um item tão valioso?

:rindo7:
If I spoke. Is it talked about or do you think I wouldn't have tests done?
But I didn't show it here to ask for your opinion on the material, I asked if anyone could decipher it, because I couldn't.
It would be interesting to stick to the topic friend, if you can contribute great, otherwise look for what to do instead of asking questions and wanting to be the know-it-all.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I spoke. Is it talked about or do you think I wouldn't have tests done?
But I didn't show it here to ask for your opinion on the material, I asked if anyone could decipher it, because I couldn't.
It would be interesting to stick to the topic friend, if you can contribute great, otherwise look for what to do instead of asking questions and wanting to be the know-it-all.

Thank you for your informative comment (whch didn't actually answer my questions or satisfy my doubts).

What excellent news though. You're sitting on a small fortune. Sell it to whoever determined it to be gold and then you will have enough money to fund a trip to the USA and dig up some of those remarkable treasure locations you've been posting.

You previously asked how you could get into America. I wouldn't worry about a visa. if you slip a $100 bill in the back of your passport, it usually does the trick.

OP
OP
American Treasures

American Treasures

Aug 26, 2022
Thank you for your informative comment (whch didn't actually answer my questions or satisfy my doubts).

What excellent news though. You're sitting on a small fortune. Sell it to whoever determined it to be gold and then you will have enough money to fund a trip to the USA and dig up some of those remarkable treasure locations you've been posting.

You previously asked how you could get into America. I wouldn't worry about a visa. if you slip a $100 bill in the back of your passport, it usually does the trick.

Spare me holy patience. OK
Talk to the ox to sleep, you know very well that to set up a rescue like this it costs more than 100 thousand dollars.
So if it doesn't add up, sum it up. I'm tired of being boring.

OP
OP
American Treasures

American Treasures

Aug 26, 2022
The face resembles the Inca sun god, "Inti".
Like here:

RELIGION, CULTURE AND THE SUN​

Inti-sun-god.jpg

Don......
Yes my friend.
But I researched and I already send it to universities and museums and nobody is conclusive on anything.
An archeologist told me that it may be pre-Inca, but not sure.
It's like something out of historical context, but with some important information recorded about races or kings that inhabited the planet.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item has been cast. That's very clear from the base, and I can also see some machining or filing marks from an effort to make the base level:

Cast2.jpg

That's not how a prestigious Mesoamerican plate/dish or whatever would be made in antiquity. It would be much thinner and punched from the back to create a 'repousse' relief. The item Don pictured is a reproduction of the famous pre-Inca breastplate returned to Peru by the Smithsonian last year and was made in that manner by hammering and punching a thin sheet of gold. The god depiction doesn't have "coffee bean" eyes though.

Unless my eyes deceive me, there's a modern letter 'L' as a foundry mark from the casting in the bottom of yours. It's also possible that the machining/filing marks were not to level up the base, but to remove some other marks which would have betrayed its origin as modern.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread