N/A

rigmover2307

Apr 20, 2009
bloomfield nm
Re: Small streams

usually do pretty descent around here , this is my first year using a sluice as i convert it piece by piece to a dredge, found out the hard way last weekend thart the snowpack runoff water moves too dang fast to let the gold get caught in the sluice.

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

rigmover2307 said:
usually do pretty descent around here , this is my first year using a sluice as i convert it piece by piece to a dredge, found out the hard way last weekend thart the snowpack runoff water moves too dang fast to let the gold get caught in the sluice.
It does have a lot to do with the amout of water flowing in the river/stream and the pitch of the river/stream and the sluice.

If the pitch of the sluice is to steep and water to fast, then the gold goes out the end of the sluice. If the sluice is to flat and the watewr to slow, the material sits there to long. If you can google sluices and sluice set up and talk to local people at the river bed about set up, then you will probable have great success at sluicing.

Happy hunting.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

explain this battery powered dredge please with pics.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks,i was looking for something battery powered to use sniping.i guess back to the drawing board. :read2:

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

There is a mouth powered suction dredge LOL no kidding perfect for crevicing

Take a small container 2 holes in lid 2 lines going in one to suck on the other you use to suck up in crevices I think you have to keep the crevice wet though for this to work :headbang:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey flyspeck ,i think i'll pass on this one ::) ??? i don't need it that bad :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

flyspekau said:
There is a mouth powered suction dredge LOL no kidding perfect for crevicing

Take a small container 2 holes in lid 2 lines going in one to suck on the other you use to suck up in crevices I think you have to keep the crevice wet though for this to work :headbang:
Is this a long winded suction dredge that your talking about. :tongue3: ;D :wav:

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500

just build a vacuum out of a leaf blower and a bucket, it will suck up water too without any problem all you have to do is install a drain to unload the water after it fills and keep on sucking up the gold(works great on those dry creeks too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread