What's new

Naples Florida Commerative 1 oz Silver Medallion/Coin?

MICHIGANJAY

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
297
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Naples Florida Commerative 1 oz Silver 'Medallion/Coin?'

Hi everybody-First of all, Thanks for all the great information you all have supplied on this great site! I have been inspired and have learned alot here. Well - I just got back from a trip from Florida and found Commemorative "coin" on the high water line.
It says
HEADS "COLLIER COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY INC. .999 CENTINIAL SPONSOR 1OZ SILVER

"

Naples Heads.webp
and
TAILS "-NAPLES ON THE GULF- COLLIER COUNTY FLORIDA CENTENIAL 1885-1985"


I cant seem to find any information of this 'medallion' ever being minted/distributed, etc. Any ideas of the event this came from, rarity, value of find? I am excited to find this piece. It is by far the largest chunk of silver I have ever found. Any help regarding info on this coin would be appreciated. Thanks J.
 

Attachments

  • Naples Tails.webp
    Naples Tails.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 276

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom