What's new

Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS and now the Results

gordon and tanner

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
590
Golden Thread
0
Location
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by my bank and asked for $25 in pennies. They usually give me a box form the Fed but this time they gave me $25 in vintage rolls. I do not have time to search today. Any one want to guess what I find inside? I am working all day Saturday so I will post my finds on Sunday.


Gordon

All the rolls ended up being solid copper. Some rolls the newest date was 1973 others 1978.

Total number of wheats = 0 :(

It is always fun to score some vintage rolls. It is a shame I do not keep copper pennies. I will just return them to the wild.

Gordon
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1383.webp
    IMG_1383.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_1385.webp
    IMG_1385.webp
    114 KB · Views: 854
Upvote 0
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

judging by the X on the rolls, imma say either no wheats at all, or maybe all wheats, and the X was to remind the (little old) person to not deposite the coins haha...so 50/50 lo.. good luck!
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

I bet there's pennies in there!
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

Hopefully Some flying Pennies!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

Either they have been checked or they are going to be great. I hope the latter.

Please keep us updated.

OWS
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

All copper cents is my guess
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

How can you not at least peek inside of one roll to see what might be inside?
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

The X would indicate to me they have been searched
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

Lotsa coppa in the un-X'ed rolls :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Nasty old penny rolls. Guess whats inside. with PICS

45 cents per roll! Someone marked out the 50 on the rolls so the bank would know they are short coin! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
either nothing or lots of wheaties
 
All the rolls ended up being solid copper. Some rolls the newest date was 1973 others 1978.

Total number of wheats = 0 >:(

It is always fun to score some vintage rolls. It is a shame I do not keep copper pennies. I will just return them to the wild.

Gordon
 
gordon and tanner said:
All the rolls ended up being solid copper. Some rolls the newest date was 1973 others 1978.

Total number of wheats = 0 >:(

It is always fun to score some vintage rolls. It is a shame I do not keep copper pennies. I will just return them to the wild.

Gordon

They are now worth 2.7 cents a piece. You should at least put them on ebay and double or almost double your money. I would love to find $25 in solid copper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom