What's new

Native American, Aztec, Reproduction, or Junk ?????

Reeves

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 8, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, Sorry to bombard with a lot of photos I recently acquired this collection and I was wondering what yall thought, Some of these items seem older then others. Im not sure if these are Native American or Pre-Columbian, they might even be reproductions I dont know. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20190201_203504.webpIMG_20190201_203309.webpIMG_20190201_203352.webpIMG_20190201_203513.webpIMG_20190201_203522.webpIMG_20190201_203533.webpIMG_20190201_203544.webpIMG_20190201_203557.webp
 
Upvote 0
Send a PM to Neanderthal. He us member here and would know. Joshua Ream is another that could help you.
 
The pot with the red paint is a reproduction JMO, the pot with the broken legs it is hard to tell from these photos, but it is very crude in shape and form. The dog is a well known S.A./Mx. Aztec style but it's the better piece to me, but it is mass replicated also. The doll I have know Idea, it's just super hard to tell from photos. Thanks for posting !!!!!!!
 
hope there the real deal
 
The pottery items all look good to me from here. They could still be modern, but they aren't the common tourist souvenirs and they aren't valuable enough to be faked. The dog is from West Mexico, and the other pieces could be from there as well but they could be from a lot of places.

I don't know anything about the kachina looking figurine covered with weaving/basket material. Might be old, but it doesn't look like it was buried or excavated.

Value wise kachina looking thing is the only one that might be significant. Some old ones are worth a lot of money, but they have been copied extensively.
 
I think the pot and the doll at least are repo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom