What's new

Natural or tool?

drewa77

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
I picked this up along a creek bank that flows past a well known Hopewell site in southern Ohio. I am not an expert by any means, so my question is natural weathered stone or tool. Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382397.001097.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382414.868255.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382434.453727.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382453.398350.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382474.848578.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427382507.898093.webp
 
Upvote 0
Well I'll give my NON expert opinion, I would have picked it up as well, I think its a tool...looks just to symmetric for natural wear.........but.........
 
Maybe pre historic breast implant? Pre silicone?
 
Could it be half of a mano/metate ? I'm no expert, just guessing by shape of possibilities it might have been used for
 
Natural cone stone is what is most resembles to me.
 
Not sure if it's just a rock or not but I would have brought it back too. Look for plant fossils on it as I've found those type cobbles usually have little fossils all over them and that makes them pretty cool to me at least.
 
It looks natural to me , if man had used it you will see sign of it. More than it just being smooth. Welcome to T-net:hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom