Nautilus for Georgia red clay!

Daleevr

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2008
Hi, I have made my mind up to about 90% of buying a Nautilus for mostly relic hunting but would like to ask one last question. I live in georgia, red clay. high mineralazation in some areas, not all. What does everyone think of my choice and would you go for something else! I did post this else where on a older Nautilus post so I hope everyone does not mind a repeat.

Thanks,
Dale

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Daleevr said:
Hi, I have made my mind up to about 90% of buying a Nautilus for mostly relic hunting but would like to ask one last question. I live in georgia, red clay. high mineralazation in some areas, not all. What does everyone think of my choice and would you go for something else! I did post this else where on a older Nautilus post so I hope everyone does not mind a repeat.

Thanks,
Dale

Hi,

I posted a reply of sorts to this question on my thread but I'll add this comment here.

Whenever you really want the facts, ask the people who really know. Forums are great but sometimes can be very misleading.

Call Nautilus direct and ask them right out. Ask if you can speak with a technician or engineer. You want more than just their nice telephone opporator saying: "yes." If one isn't busy he (or she) will give you the truthful facts.

Then you should visit the forums where the people are who actually hunt red clay and see if their reports mostly back what you get from Nautilus. One forum that has knowledgeable Nautilus users is the official Nautilus Forum. Ask for Richard (PalmettoDigger) and if possible do private emails with him. Tell him Michigan Badger sent you. Richard digs the stuff we all dream about but most never handle. His bad days THing are better than most of the hottest finds posted on Today's Finds. The man is 100% devoted to this hobby.

Hope this helps.

Nautilus Telephone
Tyndall Electronics. 1-910-897-7950

The Nautilus Forum link:
http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/nautilus/nautilus_config.pl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread