What's new

Naval Button Age - Thanks For The Help!

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this button the other day at my plantation site which dates from the early 1800s to about 1950. The button is two piece but is missing the back portion. Any ideas on the age of this piece?
 

Attachments

  • Feb2010Navybutton.webp
    Feb2010Navybutton.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 190
Re: Naval Button Age?

I found a similar one but more shiny. Yours appears to be a Navy Button from around 1820-1860. Thats my best guess. Hard to tell without the backmark. Mine was missing the mark as well. :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0
Re: Naval Button Age?

It looks like an iron backed civilian button I found under the clothesline in my backyard built in the 50's.. I believe it to be a civilian blazer fashion button made with a Navy motiff.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001E.webp
    MVC-001E.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 148
  • MVC-001E.webp
    MVC-001E.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
Re: Naval Button Age?

Add mine to the list too . . ..yep, a civilian blazer button with tin back. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • EagleBlazerButton.webp
    EagleBlazerButton.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom