What's new

Navy Button? Civil War?

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this today,,, It was crusty so I tumbled it and got some good detail.
It measures 12 MM across. TIA Merf
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0618.webp
    DSCN0618.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0620.webp
    DSCN0620.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 208
Does the backmark read "Scovills & Co."? That appears to be an early two piece button dating around 1850.
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
Does the backmark read "Scovills & Co."? That appears to be an early two piece button dating around 1850.






Yes Scovills & Co----I am wondering if it is navy general svc button or ?
 
Upvote 0
Merf said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Does the backmark read "Scovills & Co."? That appears to be an early two piece button dating around 1850.






Yes Scovills & Co----I am wondering if it is navy general svc button or ?
Yes Navy and would be a cuff button :thumbsup:
SCOVILLS & CO. 1840-1850
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
Merf said:
fyrffytr1 said:
Does the backmark read "Scovills & Co."? That appears to be an early two piece button dating around 1850.






Yes Scovills & Co----I am wondering if it is navy general svc button or ?
Yes Navy and would be a cuff button :thumbsup:
SCOVILLS & CO. 1840-1850
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:







Thanks Pete :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
579
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom