NE Okla. points, tools and bead

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
:hello: Hi all. These aren't mine, dang it. They belong to a co-worker, she found her latest one this week while driving to tend to the deer food plot. She spotted it in a tire rut, and rescued it before they drove over it. Yes, she did the happy dance. Buckshot and I have been after her to bring in her jar of flakes to let us see if we could find some tools she might have over looked. She dumped the jar out on them table, and we were able to find some uniface scrapers she hadn't recognised. One of them was really sweet, with a nice beveled edge around it.

I see a nice Grand, Scallorn and Gary, ( I think) She is proudest of the "punch" as she calls it.

Now that bone bead. Is it a human finger bone? Is it a bead? it sure had a nice patina on it, and it was made into that shape, i think. The concave edges looked cut to me, just didn't get the picture to show it well.

I told her I like the jar she has the flakes in, I was going to go home and put mine in a wine glass :-\

Anyway, here's some color from Eastern Okla.

Attachments

• dreama4.jpg
    dreama4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 450
  • dreama.jpg
    dreama.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 447
  • dreama5.jpg
    dreama5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 461
  • dreama1.jpg
    dreama1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 449
  • dreama2.jpg
    dreama2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 443
  • dreama3.jpg
    dreama3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking pieces naturegirl. The bone piece is natural. I find those all the time on my Ft Ancient sites. I think it might be a finger bone, but I'm not sure.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I went through my flint bowl awhile back and found 2 points and some scrapers that I'd missed----and I only did this because of all I've learned on here and can now recognise the tools for what they are....pieces that I wouldn't have looked twice at a few years ago. I showed some of them to my mom and she said her and grandpa would throw that kinda stuff away :help: ::) ;D . Its amazing how much you can learn from others :thumbsup: . Now your friend will know more of what to look for, naturegirl! You did good! Those are some nice artifacts your friend has and I'm always happy to see more from our part of the country.
:hello:
sandcreek~~

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks th3rty7 and sandcreek, she has nicer ones still put up she said. These came from just two locations. One is underwater most of the time, and they have to wait on dry times, but it has fire pits. The reason I'm curious about the bone is because buckshot immediatly said finger bone, he has seen a necklace at Woolaroc made from finger bones. He's fairly reliable with stuff like this, and when I googled it, I came across info stating as the Eastern Indians were driven west, fierce inter-tribal warfare began with the Plains Indians already occuping the plains, about 1700s, and human body parts were taken as trophies. That's when the Osage dominated this region and they were very fierce, territorial warriors. So we were wondering.

I was hoping you'd see these sandcreek, I bet you have look-a-likes in your Grandfather's frames. Oh yeah, another thing we noticed, was the abundance of foracre chert, we just don't find that much, but she sure does.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naturegirl, I've seen finger bone Necklaces as well, but all the ones I have seen have been drilled for suspension.

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
jrsherman, you should be able to find stuff, I'm not sure where there is access to Ark. River in Tulsa, or fields around there, but it is supposed to be a good area. Good Luck! From what little I know, Ok. flint is pretty colorful.

riverrocks, she always mentions that one ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread