mikeofaustin
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Poisons? traps? mothballs? My GS dog got stuck under the porch this morning going after them and I had to tear the porch apart to get her out, all the while trying to keep her calm and from freaking out because of her trapped condition. They are indeed roof rats. They are under the porch, and I also have a big hole under an eve of the house. I'm done with them. They've even chewed through a security camera wire. But, trapping my dog under the porch is the last straw.
EDIT: Just as I'm browsing away, with the back door open, I hear one of them jump off the roof onto the deck. I am SOOOo done with these rats.
EDIT: Just as I'm browsing away, with the back door open, I hear one of them jump off the roof onto the deck. I am SOOOo done with these rats.

Seriously though, or maybe not so seriously, drink the beer and shoot the rats witsh .22 rat shot! I had a big nest of wood rats in my wood rack I used for the fireplace wood storage. My wife and I use to lay on the floor by a sliding patio door cracked just a couple of inches. We put out a bit of dog food as bait and loaded my little .22 Ruger pistol with birdshot. When they would come out to eat the dog food we'd drop them with one shot. Last count I believe we shot 13 before they moved on. 






