What's new

Need advice

eric n n.c.

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthEast, N.C
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 Limited, Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all,
I've been thinking about buying a Nautilus IIba and just wondering what ya'll think about the nautilus? I heard that they had been bought out and another Co. was making them and the quality had changed some! Just wondering!
 
Never used one, but I know they are popular for use in the Carolinas.
 
I've never swung one either, they are made local in Coats, NC; near Dunn, south of Raleigh. They were bought out a couple of years ago, it is a very small operation.

Why not look up their number and give them a call. Perhaps you could pay them a visit and see the operation first hand.

What I do know, they are deep seekers in sandy soil, and a waste of time in highly mineralized soil due to ground balancing issues.
I know a couple of older guys who swear by them and they have the finds to prove it.
 
Nautilus is a great machine deep seeking. But heavy, bulky, 4 d cell batteries, not the easiest to tune but for a relic machine in the southern sandy soils alot of guys I know swear by them. I sold mine and swear by my cibola lite weight turn on n go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom