What's new

Need button help

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday.
The backmark is Sherman Bronson--Waterbury
I can't find any info on this mark.
TIA Merf
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0016.webp
    DSCN0016.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN0032.webp
    DSCN0032.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN0030.webp
    DSCN0030.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 341
Thanks for the good info Jim,
Do you think it is a CW button? Yankee or Confederate?
 
Upvote 0
Merf said:
Thanks for the good info Jim,
Do you think it is a CW button? Yankee or Confederate?

I think it was made before or during the Civil War and is a civilian suspender button, not made for any military uniform (His company was making buttons: 1837-1865), based on some reading I just did.
 
Upvote 0
Good info Jim, Much appreciated.
Best regards, Merf
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom