What's new

Need button I.D.

njnydigger

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
829
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today. Was only down an inch or two tops in an 1800's spot here in NJ.

It rang up as a solid 15 on my Safari which is the pulltab range. It has a green patina on it and is a wee bit bigger than a quarter. I could be wrong, but, it feels like tin or aluminum or something along those lines. It has an anchor in a circle with dots or slashes around the circle. Cannot make out any marks on the back since it is corroded. The shank is broken also.

Anyways, see what you can come up with based on the pics :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Button Front.webp
    Button Front.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Button Back.webp
    Button Back.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Button Wet.webp
    Button Wet.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Button Side.webp
    Button Side.webp
    10 KB · Views: 199
  • Button Front.webp
    Button Front.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Button Back.webp
    Button Back.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Button Wet.webp
    Button Wet.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Button Side.webp
    Button Side.webp
    10 KB · Views: 188
I'm not the button expert, but it looks to be a modern blazer button. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I agree its a civilian fashion button with a Navy motif (possibly 50-100 years old) but I cant prove it. It has a nice patina.
Heres a similar fashion button.
 

Attachments

  • button fashion anchor dome.webp
    button fashion anchor dome.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom