What's new

Need GPS 12 help please!!

Brian_Ct.

Greenie
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cental Ct.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
have a Garmin 12 and need some help. I want to use it on my laptop but only have usb ports. I tried using a serial port adaptor to a usb by it didn't work.Anyone have ant ideas on how I can make this GPS work,

Thank for your help,
 
I have a 12XL, and use the Garmin cable (purchased at West Marine), to get updates to the software directly from the Garmin web site. I also purchased the CD from Gamin "Maps of the world", and this allows me to do all my navigation planning on the lap top, and then to down load directly to my GPS. Additionally, I can use my GPS in the field, mark any significant locations, or navigation tracks and upload that data from the GPS into the software on the lap top.
I also carry a Garmin etrex, but prefer the 12XL. The etrex came with a USB cable. However, the cable for the 12XL will not interface with the etrex.

Tom
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom