What's new

Need wiring schematic type help ctx 3030 battery /charger.

the13bats

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After letting my ctx 3030 sit a while I got the impression my factory li-ion pack was bad, it wouldn't charge, the green light just keep flashing, hours, days.
So what I'm hoping to learn from any tech heads is the battery packs/charger pin assignment,
If I check any 2 combination of the charger pins my volt meter only shows 4.xv output, close to 5v, nothing like the 8.2v the charger label states, ( stating that 5v is for that usb port) is my charger bad?
Also the pin assignment for the aa alkaline pack would be handy as I want to add rechargeable cells to that pack and make a holder to charge it with my smart charger since the factory li-ion charger is only made to charge minelabs special li-ion pack,
Thanks for any help.
 
Same here I let my brand-new lithium iron on battery pack sit a little too long and not won’t charge up so I have spoke with one of the technicians there Minelab just on the Online thing and talk to him about it and then they recommend for so what I told him my idea was I had to have like five of the alkaline battery packs which you can use in HMI and I see whatever rechargeable AA batteries but they have to be 1.5 V and he said that you can use lithium ion batteries AA batteries they need to be best brand is devadable but I just want want to be able to waterproof the CTX 3030 and get it out there and get get in the water and have some fun so you recommended Kent li ion
1.5 V and 3000 mWh. I heard of other people using the EBL AA that with batteries with a minimum of 3000 MAH they said to be careful if you drain them down too far you know it could cause it’ll keep the consistent voltage across the whole board, but if you if they do drain down too far below like 1.2 V and then you’re gonna you’re gonna have a real problem with the machine probably make it really mess things up so I’m looking at getting the EB L1 .5 V lithium ion 4000 MAH from Temu actually Tim and Amazon have the same battery with two moods a little cheaper do you wanna get sure you wanna get a separate you know rapid charger and they sell them would eat like eight of them with a rapid charger, but also I’ve been looking at getting looking at one that where you have to get a trickle charge too if it does get to a certain voltage so you might want to look into that get some other input that’s what I’m doing. I’m fixing to order some batteries today so wish you all the best ma’am that’s where I’m at with this whole thing but you can yes you can put lithium iron batteries in the alkaline battery pack. You just can’t use your charger of course that’s not gonna work. It’s just the same as that you’re putting in AA batteries when you put those in your AA alkaline batteries you’re gonna have to take them out then you gotta have to have a separate charger for those. It’s the same with these their AA and then 1.5 V and they maintain that and so the higher that MAH the longer they last so I’m looking at the 4000 or a little bit higher, but they got them on sale man at a team move and of course Amazon has them. I’m gonna go ahead and buy the EBL’s cause I’ve heard a lot of good reviews about them.
 
Thanx Dan,
When you say your minelab li-ion pack won't change do you mean green light never stops flashing? What's your plans for that pack?
Did the minelab tech say standard rechargeable aa 1.2 won't work? it would be like used alkaline cells, hum,
Actually I'll look in the manual as I'm working on my v3i batteries too and get details mixed in my brain, but I'm pretty sure low battery voltage simple turns off the device not unlike a phone or laptop.
Here's the thing, li-ion aa are 1.5 v because they use a built in v regulator to drop down from 3.7v that v drop equals heat.
Also some li-ion have built in protection circuits to prevent over charge and disaster but they like a balanced lead and smart charger, I use my rc hobby charger.
Tomorrow I'll have the pin schematics for the alkaline pack, at least which leads give the full voltage output,
I still haven't figured out if my stock charger is working correctly. V output that is.
 
As I suspected, from the mindlab manual...

"A replaceable cell pack, which accepts eight AA batteries including alkaline and
rechargeable NiCd or NiMH batteries. The batteries are packed into a cell pack,
which is inserted into the battery cover. The detector will operate for a minimum
of seven hours using an alkaline battery pack
A battery icon displayed on the Control Panel (Status Bar, page 5) indicates the
present charge level, and provides advanced warning of the need to recharge or
replace the battery. The battery charge level is displayed in five segments, which
will gradually decrease during operation relative to the voltage left in the battery.
When the last segment disappears, the ‘empty battery’ icon will begin to flash and
the battery low sound will emit every 20 seconds. If the detector is still operating at
this time the voltage will drop to a point when a ‘low battery’ message will appear
and the detector will turn itself off."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom