Need help Estate Sale find

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N
Found this Chandelier at a local estate sale for 10.00. Looks like it is mid century "sputnick" like. I can't find any maker's mark or company name on it. The globes are heavy glass and feel & sound like they are crystal or leaded glass. It measures approx. 18" X 13"x 13". The body frame is pot metal
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and might know the name of the style or who made it. Thanks

Attachments

• lamp1a.jpg
    lamp1a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
  • lamp2.jpg
    lamp2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 83
  • lamp3.jpg
    lamp3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 80
  • lamp4.jpg
    lamp4.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 80
  • lamp5.jpg
    lamp5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 74

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Oh, Don ....
It looks to be an older piece possibly holding Tulip shades and "modernized" in the 60s with new glass.
Are any of the wires fabric covered ? And you might try to identify the globes by doing an easy Google search by photographing one removed globe on a one color surface.
Thanks,
Mark.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Antny

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N
....Oh, Don ....
It looks to be an older piece possibly holding Tulip shades and "modernized" in the 60s with new glass.
Are any of the wires fabric covered ? And you might try to identify the globes by doing an easy Google search by photographing one removed globe on a one color surface.
Thanks,
Mark.

Hi Don and Mark. Disco ball LOL. The wire is insulated with brown plastic. Interesting theory Mark. I'll see if I can get a globe off of it. How would do a google search? Reverse google search?

Upvote 0

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Don and Mark. Disco ball LOL. The wire is insulated with brown plastic. Interesting theory Mark. I'll see if I can get a globe off of it. How would do a google search? Reverse google search?

Happy Father's Day ..was outside at breakfast.
On my tablet, I take a picture then hold my finger on the image. A list of actions appear like Export, Move to and Search Google for this image. Click on That one and either a similar or exact image will appear (only 6 to 9 will show up) . At the bottom, in my case, a "search for similar images" key may show....try that....there is always the "back" button !
Good luck,
Mark.
HINT ; Try it his first with an existing image for practice. Another hint....if the image returns as a "ball"....at the top of the image search page where "ball" is listed , that word can be back click deleted and replaced with "glass" or "lamp" whilst keeping the original image....have fun !
M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chandelier fixture itself appears to be from the latter Art Deco period called Atomic Age. As for the globes I'm not sure, maybe Bauhaus. You can get good money for that if you're looking to sell it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread