What's new

Need help identifying old lock

05Esky

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 24, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I found this lock a river in central florida not too far from the inlet and needed help identifying a time period and more about it. From what I found I think its a Slaymaker due to the logo but cant find any slaymaker logo that matches the design around it, only the "S" is the same or very similar. Any help would be awesome...
image.webp

image.webp
 
I searched for nearly an hour and found nothing.:BangHead: Maybe an English/UK firm.
Marvin
 
Probably a railroad padlock, since it has a hole in the bottom for a chain to attach. Any railroads in your area that begin with the letter "S"?

Here's a list of current and obsolete railroads in Florida. Maybe the padlock came from one of them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida_railroads
 
The padlock is a Slaymaker lock. Cant help with the date though. In the style of locks from the 1890's - 1920's. If it would have been used by a RR, it most likely would be stamped somewhere on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom