What's new

need help identifying this found on elk creek ky franklin county

kygirl1227

Full Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dry Ridge, Ky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie...been hunting artifacts for some time, but this one has me completely puzzled. I found this in a sandbar on the bank of elk creek. I've found several artifacts down there but this one is different if anything. It's completely straight, flawless, very dense, and both ends are completely shaped the same perfect round. I rub the end against a piece of paper and it leaves black streak, and it pulls a bit so may have magnatite in it, not sure but very interesting...thanks for any help and please no negative comments...it may be nothing
 

Attachments

  • 2015-04-18 16.40.38.webp
    2015-04-18 16.40.38.webp
    181.3 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
looks like pig iron but no rust,,,,maybe tin and lead counter weight
 
Yeah not sure it's about 6 inches long, I have no clue...Thank you for help
 
Looks like an old window weight to me.
 
I used to find these on the beach as well. They shatter like carbon when you throw them against pavement (I was a kid at the time. I believe there was a hole at each end of the ones I found. Not heavy like iron or lead, so not sure about it being a weight
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom