Need help identifying

Ravngrl13

Oct 20, 2007
Hi there. I'm trying to identify some arrowheads my grandfather has. Normally, there wouldn't be such difficulty... But he has over 200 of them, plus a stone axe-head and one smoothed, oval stone... Not quite sure of the purpose. I'd be glad for the help.

Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• Photo 255.jpg
    Photo 255.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Photo 251.jpg
    Photo 251.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Photo 259.jpg
    Photo 259.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 382
  • Photo 262.jpg
    Photo 262.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Photo 260.jpg
    Photo 260.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Lord!!! Those are great. Can you get a closer picture of the one made out of crystal? Hang on you will get a lot of answers in a little while. Where were they found?...d2

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
First pic looks like a grooved axe,which is a cool find.The second pic looks like a preform or a blade. Third pic looks like a quartz point of some kind,base almost looks paleo though hard to tell.The frame of points all look nice, the large pointwith a snapped base would have been a killer.Need a better pic of the round stone to identify.Nice collection.
HB

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Ravngrl13 said:
Hi there. I'm trying to identify some arrowheads my grandfather has. Normally, there wouldn't be such difficulty... But he has over 200 of them, plus a stone axe-head and one smoothed, oval stone... Not quite sure of the purpose. I'd be glad for the help.

Thanks a bunch.
Super collection,nice axe,What area,state did he hunt?
Jeff

OP
OP
R

Ravngrl13

Oct 20, 2007
I'm going to be adding some new photos soon. Haven't had a chance to upload them yet...

As for where they're all from, they were found in northern Illinois on his family's farm. They were gathered over the years by his uncles when they were plowing. They'd surface when the blade cut by... The way the machines have changed now...More have probably come up but they probably aren't being seen.

razor

Apr 29, 2007
The oval stone, next to the groved axe in the last pic, looks as if it may be a waco sinker, but I can't quite tell. Razor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions