What's new

need help iding this pin

bottlecap4t2

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
hello,we found this pin in the woods that reads s.qweensferry and looks like an ancor. any help with id would be appreciated thank you. ben.
 

Attachments

  • P9130001 [800x600].webp
    P9130001 [800x600].webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 188
  • P9130002 [800x600].webp
    P9130002 [800x600].webp
    137.6 KB · Views: 186
S. Queensferry is an area in Edinburgh, Scotland. I believe it is the image of the town's seal, as shown in the upper left hand corner here:
http://www.garfield.f2s.com/qpc/qpc/qpc.htm

This town is located some ten miles to the north west of Edinburgh, on the shore of the Firth of Forth between the Forth Bridge and the Forth Road Bridge, approximately 8 miles (13 km) from Edinburgh Airport.

The town is named after Saint Margaret of Scotland (perhaps the image on your find) who used to cross the firth (an arm of the sea) by ferry from "Queen's Ferry" to visit her chapel in Edinburgh Castle. Her son, David I of Scotland, awarded the ferry rights to the abbey.
Don...

Source: Wiki
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
S. Queensferry is an area in Edinburgh, Scotland. I believe it is the image of the town's seal, as shown in the upper left hand corner here:
http://www.garfield.f2s.com/qpc/qpc/qpc.htm

Don.....
Good one Don :thumbsup:

I wonder could it be a Sea cadets Cap badge from that area :dontknow:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
Colin, you may be right.
I was looking at the cross and attempting to ID the type of duck. Could they be eiders?
I believe many ships leave from this area and I was wondering if the pin is a souvenir.
Aye, Don.....
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Colin, you may be right.
I was looking at the cross and attempting to ID the type of duck. Could they be eiders?
I believe many ships leave from this area and I was wondering if the pin is a souvenir.
Aye, Don.....
eider ducks are usually found on the sea :thumbsup: so I think you are on the the right track :thumbsup:

SS.
 
Upvote 0
hello, thank you for the info everyone "mackaydon" wow was some of them churches old. i wonder if the pin came from one of the churches or did it come from the town there. i wonder if there is a "ferry boat" named after S. Queensferry. what do you think. thanks. "god bless" ben.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom