Arsenal
Jr. Member
Hello,
I have meant to get these rocks pictured so I could post them. Years ago when I began hunting, every notched round rock was momentarily thought to be an infamous Waco Sinker. This rock is heavy flint with a pecked bottom and what appears to be a pecked groove. Again, I am always cautious because I have never found one.
The second piece is a large, rounded heavy flint/chert rock that is about 2" thick. It has a hole on the middle and what appears to be fracturing from the hole being made. It fits the groove in your hand perfectly and I cannot imagine the hole is natural due to the rock and the testing chips/fracturing around the centered hole. Neither photographed well.
As always any help is greatly appreciated and accepted knowing many people on here know more than me. Thank you.








I have meant to get these rocks pictured so I could post them. Years ago when I began hunting, every notched round rock was momentarily thought to be an infamous Waco Sinker. This rock is heavy flint with a pecked bottom and what appears to be a pecked groove. Again, I am always cautious because I have never found one.
The second piece is a large, rounded heavy flint/chert rock that is about 2" thick. It has a hole on the middle and what appears to be fracturing from the hole being made. It fits the groove in your hand perfectly and I cannot imagine the hole is natural due to the rock and the testing chips/fracturing around the centered hole. Neither photographed well.
As always any help is greatly appreciated and accepted knowing many people on here know more than me. Thank you.








Upvote
0



SAD. And unnecessary. what "they" say isn't gospel.... it's just THEIR opinion. Let's fully consider everything before rejecting same. Let's admit that you can't be dead certain when judging from a photo or two of dubious quality / clarity. Give everyone and everything a chance. At least leave the thought out there that "i could be wrong, it's just my opinion." And that was my point : don't shut anyone down..... and don't shut anyone out. PS as noted, i do have around 6 of these items that look remarkably like yours..... while they are NOT pierced, i notice that a fair # have clear "divots".....obvious and created marks...... yes, in the same spot as yours. what do it all mean ? not sure..... but that's what we can do here..... exchange information and ideas...... but not be negative and turn people away.






