NEED HELP!!! Searching for a Gold Detector that can pinpoint buried treasure at 8 feet deep....

Manny4Gold

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2024
Hello everyone,
Looking for some help!!! If anyone has any recommendations that would be helpful.
I've been searching for a long time for a Gold detector that can find gold that has been buried for over 100 years and that is around 8 to 10 feet deep. I've been able to locate the area it is located, but its about 10,000sqft and I need a machine that can help pinpoint a smaller area and that has a frequency that detects Gold only. Thanks in advance!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get a two-box metal detector... I believe a Fisher Gemini-3 Metal Detector is the cheapest.
It will depend on the size of the target, though the OP did state 10ft which the Gemini states double that.

The OP did state gold only-I believe he might be on the search for a while longer as the Gemini states "Detects All Metals"

OP
OP
M

Manny4Gold

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2024
Get a two-box metal detector... I believe a Fisher Gemini-3 Metal Detector is the cheapest. Around $900.
Thanks for the reply. I have the Gemini-3 and it gives me a spot but then when i starting digging nothing is there and then the Gemini gives me a different spot

OP
OP
M

Manny4Gold

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2024
You could get an XP Deus II and the XTreme Hunter to go with it for under $3K, and it can find large targets up to about 16 feet deep.
Thanks! I will definitely take a look at that and keep it in mind

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember you can only post detector links to supporting vendors, non supporting vendor link deleted.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could get an XP Deus II and the XTreme Hunter to go with it for under $3K, and it can find large targets up to about 16 feet deep.
HHmmm Sooo is this why I've dug holes 2 feet deep with the XP DEUS II and still can't find the target ?
Because it could be 16 feet deep ?? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go !! ha ha ha
To be honest, I think your chasing your tail,
Years ago when I was in Spain a guy had something like what is pictured.. we were walking around a place that was supposed to be some kind of old ruins of a settlement, we were using metal detectors to find old relics but he broke this thing out and it sure looked amazing.. after holding in his hands and having it twirl around several times, he claimed that it was indicating a good target in this one area, so we started digging with our shovels.. After digging around for about 30 minutes and finding nothing, and he would stick his metal detector in the dug hole to see if he could get a signal, we gave up the chase... He then said that this thing could pick up a target a mile away up to 15 feet in the ground.. I think he said he paid $300-$400 for this thing.. I finally realized that there really was no way to verify if this thing was actually picking up anything... it just twirls and beeps and has some lights..
How the hell are you supposed to determine exactly where something is ? and do you carry around a backhoe to try to find a "signal" that it appears to be indicating ?
I say... a fool and his money are soon parted... and there are fools born every day...
and almost certainly those people who sold it to him were laughing all the way to the bank... what a waste...
Sorry for the rant, but there is no magic machine that will find gold 10-15 feet in the ground, maybe a metal detector can determine if there is a mass of metal down there, but for what end ? you don't know if its a big piece of iron or lead or a junk car ....
My guise is that after you have several big holes dug and nothing to show for it.. you will give up digging big holes
ha ha ha just my two cents..

Attachments

• f9592a3e3534b2e8.jpg
    f9592a3e3534b2e8.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 5

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HHmmm Sooo is this why I've dug holes 2 feet deep with the XP DEUS II and still can't find the target ?
Because it could be 16 feet deep ?? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
8-) Only if you have the XTreme hunter setup. The standard coils won't go anywhere near that deep.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if the target is the size of a car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions