What's new

✅ SOLVED Need help to identify brass shotgun shell casing and pop gun

Jpool1008

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st
I am trying to figure out if the shell casing/container is unique or company made, the shell base says "Winchester no 10" and from what I can tell it seem like a legitimate casing. But what throws me is the top half and it slides into the the bottom completely I'm guessing air/water tight and both appear to be brass with a copper primer. Has any one seen one of these before?
2nd
I believe is a older pop/cap gun but I was having a hard time identifying, maker? Time period and type. Any help would be awesome lol, thanks
Jon 20201005_100642.webp20201005_023851.webp20201005_023906.webp20201005_024355.webp20201005_024326.webp20201005_024326.webp20201005_024258.webp20201005_023930.webp
20201005_022321.webp[20201005_022651.webp20201005_022855.webp<20201005_022359.webp
 
Last edited:
your brass shotgun casing (Winchester 10 gauge) is a separate item from the cylinder from a Marble's match safe. Someone may have repurposed them together when the match safe broke.

H1740-L220145799.webp


Your Pistol is a Mattel Pot Shot that was part of a set that fired caps and little plastic bullets. Same pistol came in various "sets" - like in a belt buckle.

https://www.nicholscapguns.com/graphics/scrapbook/mattel/potshot1.htm

potshot1.webp

s-l1600.webp

mattel-shootin-shell-remington-buckle_1_bf69174cf81b313ed8f036f77f4ac517.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, I believe Charlie P. has the right answer. I have a match safe exactly like the one pictured around here "somewhere!" Cool finds, yeah! Thanks for posting.
 
Upvote 0
You guys are awesome I totally look forward to sharing future finds with u!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to this Forum...!
I hail from extreme Northern California.....! :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom