need help w/garrett treasure hunter

knotydiver

Feb 12, 2009
Hello, I'm new to detectors.My friend gave me an old detector that beloged to his dad.No instructions cane with it.A friend of mine got it working once but I cant get it to work again since I replaced the batt's.There are 4 diles on the left side when your holding as using it.(Meter,volume,tuning,and bfo sensitivity).Batt's are new and show good with the on board batt. test switch.Is there a simple instruction I can get or do I need the book.I'll only use it for fun or to find a stray arrow once in awhile.Any help would br greatly apprecceated .

The knotydiver

Attachments

• detector 005.jpg
    detector 005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 346
  • detector 006.jpg
    detector 006.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 370
  • detector 007.jpg
    detector 007.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 237

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Call... Garrett they might have a instruction manual that you can get, Then that is pretty old they might not. For i know that Whites have back instruction Manuals to all the detectors they made. I know that Minelab does not have manuals to all they have made and some go back to only the Mid 90's they do not have manuals for......... But i don't know about Garrett...

OP
OP
K

knotydiver

Feb 12, 2009
Thanx, I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what model this is.I have found some websites that have a listing of diffent manufactures and models but I cant find this one.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
If when you turn the machine on and the dial at the top doesnt show the power of the batts before going back down then there may be a circuitry problem. I would contact Garrett regardless if it does not seem to be working to see if in fact a book can be gotten and to see that if indeed there is a problem whether or not they would be able to fix it. I would venture to say that they probably would take a look at it for you.

Here is a link to the book for this machine. It says in there that BFO machines may not be repairable though. :(

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/manuals2/BFO.pdf

Good luck to you in the quest for getting your machine working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread