Need help with a picture.

OP
OP
B

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im no dowser benny, but I do have experience and use common sense. First I check foundation corners, next run the fence line and property boundries....I focus on property corners, and fence posts. Next imagine your self looking out a kitchen window....caches are often buried in spots where the depositor could glance out the window, and see the spot and keep an eye on it. Often times ill search out the cloths line area....usally this is within view of a window as mentioned before. This is a spot where the loose pocket change ends up on the ground, and a post for a cloths line is a great cache marker. Next of course is the old growth trees...I always check these trees for caches, and I often bury my own caches in the roots and shade of an old marker tree....look for marks or hardware on and in the tree. Large stumps should be checked also. Barns, sheds,and out houses have always been go to hiding spots, and should be checked....same approach under stairs, and all four corners of the structures, or foundations....of course basements and root cellars are hot spots also.....caches are often times buried at depths that are frustratingly deep, and patience and determination are a virtue when cache hunting. I my self bury my caches at depths that are detectable and tested with my detector. I think most caches are buried within view of the main house, and its reassuring to the depositor to be able to glance out a window and make sure no one is obviously digging the spot. View attachment 2006943
Here is my shallow crystal skull cache going in the ground !! View attachment 2006948 View attachment 2006950 View attachment 2006952
I use jars with metal lids....they are sealed in blue tape, and then dipped in hot paraffin wax !! Last pic is what that spot looks like now....I call this dime cache of 30 bucks the pissy cache....I often pee on it !!:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
View attachment 2006953

So that my advice for searching out caches....hope it helps !!
I have found several over the years, and am searching for one now...I have found 2 that were already recovered at my latest spot....there were no banks in the islands for many years....the islanders buried there money !!
Cheers Benny !!
That’s awesome info thanks Bart!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To finish what I started saying about cypress tree... 2 trees in an area with scattered button finds. I was helping with the museum survey, at least going over satellite images. They covered back up this large slab again, after I told them what it might be. At each end was pointers looking like a top of helmet (think it's the German helmet).

Attachments

• stoneslab1.png
    stoneslab1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • stoneslab2.png
    stoneslab2.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Happy that I have never been a thief and Never greedy as those types can stay far away from me and the moment I sense that in a person it's Goodbye.
Have to add to this post that I may have to become a D expert and source out all the parts and build a couple and the package can be expanded to LIDAR etc. I want this thing to be afffordable to most anyone even if I earn little per
unit.
I am looking at posting in the "TOOLS Forum" about this idea. Thanks for your interest guys I have never done anything like this before and it is for the benefit of all treasure hunters. I have my Origin letter sent out long ago to protect the Idea as a few of my ideas have been stolen in the past.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There it is, the crystal skull cache location... thanks for sharing photo Blak Bart.

Attachments

• 20200411_155318-crystal_skull.jpg
    20200411_155318-crystal_skull.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

If you could offer any advice on buried valuables (silver most likely) please let me know. Also, looking for the original home site.

Thanks in advance!
-Ben View attachment 2004204
How about sharing why you think there is something hidden on the property? The background story helps in figuring out how the person hiding something may have been thinking.

OP
OP
B

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about sharing why you think there is something hidden on the property? The background story helps in figuring out how the person hiding something may have been thinking.
No real backstory to be honest. Just an old property.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always good to check it out more.

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh a hunch hunt. Been on a few of those. Never can tell what one might find.
Stand under the kitchen window, look around, is there anything that stands out in the yard?
Picture where the clothes line may have been. Look for tool sheds etcc. best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread