lowtones Full Member Joined Aug 19, 2006 Messages 238 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location USA Detector(s) used Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite, Dec 9, 2010 #1 I went CW hunting near a Battlefield. I pulled out this Bird like looking serpent thing. I was told it is brass. Any ideas? Attachments c1.webp 11.5 KB · Views: 283 c3.webp 13.6 KB · Views: 258
I went CW hunting near a Battlefield. I pulled out this Bird like looking serpent thing. I was told it is brass. Any ideas?
Montana Jim Gold Member Joined Sep 18, 2006 Messages 11,705 Reaction score 148 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Dec 9, 2010 #2 It resembles... but only resembles, a trade-era flintlock rifle serpent plate. I'd love to see clearer pictures. Upvote 0
It resembles... but only resembles, a trade-era flintlock rifle serpent plate. I'd love to see clearer pictures.
trikikiwi Silver Member Joined Oct 5, 2006 Messages 3,547 Reaction score 655 Golden Thread 0 Location New Zealand Detector(s) used Minelab Sovereign GT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 10, 2010 #3 Do I see a chrysanthemum? If so, possibly Japanese. Mike Upvote 0
nova treasure Bronze Member Joined Mar 2, 2008 Messages 1,726 Reaction score 455 Golden Thread 0 Location Kentucky Detector(s) used Whites Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 10, 2010 #4 Montana Jim said: It resembles... but only resembles, a trade-era flintlock rifle serpent plate. I'd love to see clearer pictures. Click to expand... I was thinking the side plate of a Northwest Flintlock, but I could only find 3 examples and they were different in style. Nova Treasure Upvote 0
Montana Jim said: It resembles... but only resembles, a trade-era flintlock rifle serpent plate. I'd love to see clearer pictures. Click to expand... I was thinking the side plate of a Northwest Flintlock, but I could only find 3 examples and they were different in style. Nova Treasure
trixie charger Sr. Member Joined Aug 31, 2010 Messages 375 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location N.C. Dec 10, 2010 #5 Kiwi that would fit with the motif. I think the snake is actually a dragon (wings) and would coinside with Chinese or Japanese. Upvote 0
Kiwi that would fit with the motif. I think the snake is actually a dragon (wings) and would coinside with Chinese or Japanese.