jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 20, 2019 #1 If anyone can help with the signature on this piece it is appreciated. Detail on this is crazy you can even see the teeth in the lady figure
If anyone can help with the signature on this piece it is appreciated. Detail on this is crazy you can even see the teeth in the lady figure
catherine1 Bronze Member Joined Jun 25, 2010 Messages 1,817 Reaction score 1,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 20, 2019 #2 Appears to be a ancient ivory carving........ Upvote 0
gunsil Silver Member Joined Dec 27, 2012 Messages 3,881 Reaction score 6,210 Golden Thread 0 Location lower hudson valley, N.Y. Detector(s) used safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #3 I don't see any ivory grain, I don't think piece is ivory. I think it is a modern one made of polymer, elephant ivory has a distinctive and visible grain. Upvote 0
I don't see any ivory grain, I don't think piece is ivory. I think it is a modern one made of polymer, elephant ivory has a distinctive and visible grain.
bradyboy Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2007 Messages 3,530 Reaction score 1,361 Golden Thread 0 Location Clearwater, FL Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 #4 imo - the peice has been fired, hence the holes in the back, to keep it from blowing in a kiln brady Upvote 0
jtw1313 Silver Member Joined Feb 5, 2013 Messages 3,728 Reaction score 2,099 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2019 Thread Owner #5 I don’t think ivory either Brady boy......the holes are supposed to be on Netsuke they were toggles Upvote 0