What's new

Need help with Rev War button preservation

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
6,220
Golden Thread
6
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm wanting to preserve the Rev War button I found yesterday as I don't want it to oxidize any further, but don't want to use olive oil, mineral oil or vaseline as it will darken it too much based on personal experience. I'm afraid that will also remove the nice contrast the details currently have. Any other ideas out there?? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 120411b.webp
    120411b.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 120411b.webp
    120411b.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,089
Test some Renaissance wax and see what you think. it's the best thing I've seen that dries leaving the item looking the same.
 
Like I said on the other forum, he's the best. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom