What's new

Need help with this bullet

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Went on a hiking trail in the middle of nowhere. The land was purchased in the 1700's. I found this bullet out there, about 6 - 7 inches deep, lost signal while digging, thank goodness for a pinpointer. It's smaller than a .22 so I don't know what it is. It's got a pointy top and nearly flat bottom with a little curve inside. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • bullet1.webp
    bullet1.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 214
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 209
  • bullet3.webp
    bullet3.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 195
  • bullet4.webp
    bullet4.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 226
Maybe it's a short. The width is smaller than the other .22's I have. It's very skinny.
 
Upvote 0
The only thing smaller than a .22 is a .17 and I am pretty sure they are all copper clad to prevent fouling. It just about has to be a member of the .22 rimfire family. Good call"Daddy". Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom